As a marketing company, we understand the importance of a well-designed and functioning website.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of our top 6 recommended WordPress plugins to help you improve the overall functionality and security of your website. Unless otherwise noted, these plugins are all free!
- Wordfence: This plugin is an absolute must-have for any WordPress website and one of the very first plugins we install whenever setting up a new site. Wordfence offers advanced security features such as firewall protection, malware scanning, and two-factor authentication for logins. You’ll be surprised at how many attacks they end up blocking, even if you have a small site!
- UpdraftPlus: This plugin provides an easy and reliable backup solution for your website. It saves your website data to an external storage location so you can quickly restore it in case of an emergency. The best part? You can schedule backups to take place automatically every day, every week, or at whatever frequency you need.
- ManageWP Worker: ManageWP is a time-saving tool that allows you to manage multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard. It provides a convenient way to monitor the performance of your websites and make updates quickly. They also offer a backup feature built-in so if you have ManageWP installed on your site, you don’t need Updraft.
- WooCommerce: If you’re looking to build e-commerce website on WordPress, this plugin is a must-have, well, because it’s the only option! WooCommerce allows you to manage all aspects of your online store, including product listings, payments, returns, and shipping. However, in most cases, we recommend other options (usually Shopify or Squarespace) for e-commerce sites because WooCommerce’s free features are pretty limited and it’s cumbersome to navigate.
- MonsterInsights: This plugin connects your website to Google Analytics and provides detailed reports on your website’s performance. You can track website traffic, view audience demographics, and monitor the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- Elementor & Elementor Pro: These paid plugins provide a powerful yet user-friendly design solution for your website. You can easily create custom, responsive page layouts and use pre-made templates to save time. Elementor Pro takes it a step further by offering more advanced design features.
These are our top 6 recommended WordPress plugins for small businesses to make managing your site much easier. Whether you’re looking to improve the functionality, security, or design of your website, these plugins have got you covered. If you have any questions or comments about building, updating, or maintaining a WordPress website, please feel free to reach out to us. We’re here to help!